WARNING: Democrats are continuing their assault on American energy. Now, it’s with a tax hike on natural gas that will further drive up costs on families ALREADY being hurt by Biden’s inflation crisis.
- Gas prices are up by more than 40 percent from last year.
- Clothing prices are up 4.9 percent.
- Food prices are up 2.4 percent.
Inflation is on track to be at the highest level since 1981. It’s wiping out pay raises for all Americans.
The natural gas tax would touch nearly EVERY part of the economy, making it more expensive to heat homes, buy food and basic goods, cook, and manufacture thousands and thousands of products from PPE to medicines to solar panels to iPhones to eyeglasses.
THE NATURAL GAS TAX BY THE NUMBERS:
- It would raise the cost of nearly everything. More than 6,000 everyday and high-tech products are made and manufactured with natural gas.
- The American Gas Association says it will raise costs on people’s energy bills anywhere from $85-242 per year.
- Got milk? Without an exemption for agriculture, prices will go up because dairy farmers could pay an additional $6,504 per dairy cow a year, according to the American Farm Bureau.
- Love steak? The natural gas tax could cost ranchers $2,607 per head of cattle.
- How about bacon? It could cost $503 per pig.
BOTTOM LINE: The hardworking men and women of this country can’t afford the tax on natural gas in the Build More Inflation Act.
In the Energy and Commerce mark up today of the Build More Inflation Act, Democrats voted to:
- Force this natural gas tax hike on working families and raise their energy bills.
- Harm American farmers and raise the price of essential foods like meat and milk.
- Make life-saving products like medical devices, PPE, and medicines more expensive.
- Force facilities linked to critical military missions to pay the natural gas tax.
WATCH LIVE: The Democrats’ markup of their Build More Inflation Act.