Washington, D.C. — House Energy and Commerce Committee Chair Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-WA) today announced a Full Committee markup on 19 pieces of legislation.
“The Energy and Commerce Committee is leading on solutions to keep America at the forefront of next-generation communications technology, protect the health and wellbeing of our citizens, and unleash domestic energy production to its full potential. On Thursday, our committee will consider legislation that bring our satellite laws and regulations into the 21st century, combat the fentanyl crisis, ban discrimination against individuals with chronic illnesses and disabilities, and repeal parts of President Joe Biden’s agenda to control how Americans power their homes.”
WHAT: A Full Committee markup of 19 pieces of legislation.
DATE: Thursday, March 23, 2023
TIME: 3:00 PM ET or 30 minutes after the Full Committee hearing titled “TikTok: How Congress Can Safeguard American Data Privacy and Protect Children from Online Harms,” whichever is later.
LOCATION: 2123 Rayburn House Office Building
This notice is at the direction of the Chair. The markup will be open to the public and press and will be live streamed online at https://energycommerce.house.gov/. If you have any questions concerning the markup, please contact Jolie Brochin at Jolie.Brochin@mail.house.gov.
For press related quotes regarding the Subcommittee on Health legislation, please contact Christopher Krepich at Christopher.Krepich@mail.house.gov. For press related questions regarding the subcommittees on Communications & Technology and Energy, Climate Change, and Grid Security, please contact Sean Kelly at Sean.Kelly@mail.house.gov.
Legislation to be considered:
- H.R. 1338, the “Satellite and Telecommunications Streamlining Act”
- H.R. 675, the “Secure Space Act”
- H.R. 1339, the “Precision Agriculture Satellite Connectivity Act”
- H.R. 682, the “Launch Communications Act”
- H.R. 1353, the “Advanced, Local Emergency Response Telecommunications Parity Act”
- H.R. 1345, the “NTIA Policy and Cybersecurity Coordination Act”
- H.R. 1354, the “Information and Communication Technology Strategy Act”
- H.R. 1370, the “Communications Security Act”
- H.R. 1360, the “American Cybersecurity Literacy Act”
- H.R. 1340, the “Open RAN Outreach Act”
- H.R. 1343, the “ITS Codification Act”
- H.R. 1377, the “Promoting U.S. Wireless Leadership Act”
- H.R. 1341, the “Spectrum Coordination Act”
- H.R. 501, the “Block, Report, and Suspend Suspicious Shipments Act”
- H.R. 498, the “9-8-8 Lifeline Cybersecurity Responsibility Act”
- H.R. 485, the “Protecting Health Care for All Patients Act of 2023”
- H.R. 467, the “Halt All Lethal Trafficking of Fentanyl Act”
- H.R. 801, the “Securing the Border for Public Health Act of 2023”
- H.R. 1603, the “Homeowner Energy Freedom Act”