Democrats have shifted the blame of surging energy prices so many times, they can’t keep straight who or what is to blame. First, it was COVID-19, then it was the “Putin Price Hike.” Now, it’s “price gouging.” Unless, of course, you ask President Joe Biden’s Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm:
Surging gas prices are NOT from price gouging.
— Energy & Commerce GOP (@HouseCommerce) May 17, 2022
Speaker Pelosi’s latest attempt to deflect blame for surging energy prices by blaming “price gouging” isn’t even convincing her colleagues.
As reported by Punchbowl News: “We heard from some House Democrats that they were concerned about the price control provisions in the bill.”
Big question here on whether this vote actually happens or not https://t.co/bw6IZD7MyG
— Heather Caygle (@heatherscope) May 18, 2022
H.R. 7688, The Socialist Energy Price Fixing Act:
- Gives President Biden power to declare an energy emergency, arming the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) with tools to impose de-facto, arbitrary caps on “Mom and Pop” gas stations for the price of fuels, such as gasoline, diesel, and propane.
- Will lead to even less domestic oil and gas production at a time when we desperately need to increase both.
- Attacks small businesses and retailers who have no control over rising energy prices and the Administration’s failures to fix supply chains.
- Like in the 1970s, this will lead to fuel shortages and massive lines at the pump, affecting Americans’ ability to go to school, go to work, and live their lives. They are already suffering enough under the inflation, energy, and supply chain crises created by President Biden’s failed agenda for more government command and control.
BOTTOMLINE: This will make President Biden’s record-high energy and inflation crises WORSE.
Gas prices have hit a new record high 9 days in a row, with gas prices averaging over $4 a gallon in every state for the first time ever. President Biden’s war on American energy is the reason why.
Energy and Commerce Republican Leader Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-WA) and House Committee on Natural Resources Ranking Member Bruce Westerman (R-AR) are leading on the American Energy Independence from Russia Act to help lower prices and increase American production. Democrats just blocked it for the SIXTH TIME. This bill would promote American energy independence by:
- Immediately approving the Keystone XL pipeline
- Removing all restrictions on liquified natural gas (LNG) exports to unleash a surge of domestic energy production
- Restarting oil and gas leasing on federal lands and waters – which was halted by the Biden administration
- Protecting American energy and mineral development from attacks by the Biden administration
- Requiring Biden to submit an energy security plan within 30 days and requires the Secretary of Energy to develop a plan to replace oil drawn down from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve
If Democrats were serious about lowering prices and helping Americans thrive, they would flip the switch on American energy production to reverse the damage of Biden’s energy and inflation crises.
CLICK HERE to watch Leader Rodgers expose the dangers of the Socialist Energy Price Control Bill at Rules Committee.
CLICK HERE to read more on the American Energy Independence from Russia Act.
CLICK HERE to read Leader Rodgers’ statement on President Biden easing energy sanctions on Venezuela.