Washington, D.C. — House Energy and Commerce Committee Chair Cathy Rodgers (R-WA) and Innovation, Data, and Commerce Subcommittee Chair Gus Bilirakis (R-FL) today noticed a subcommittee markup of five bills.
“It’s no secret the Chinese Communist Party wants to replace the U.S. as a global economic and technological power. China will do whatever it takes to embed its malevolence into next generation technologies. We look forward to marking up legislation that will ensure the technologies of tomorrow are developed in an ecosystem that promotes America’s values and protects American data from CCP influence.”
WHAT: An Innovation, Data, and Commerce Subcommittee markup of five bills
DATE: Tuesday, February 7, 2023
TIME: 2PM ET (or 15 minutes after the Energy and Environment Joint Legislative Hearing concludes)
LOCATION: 2322 Rayburn House Office Building
This notice is at the direction of the Chair. The markup will be open to the public and press, and will be livestreamed online at https://energycommerce.house.gov/. If you have any questions concerning the markup, please contact Jessica Herron with the Committee staff at Jessica.Herron@mail.house.gov.
Legislation to be considered includes:
- H.R. 750, the “Chinese-owned Applications Using The Information of Our Nation Act of 2023” or the “CAUTION Act of 2023” (Reps. Cammack (R-FL) and Soto (D-FL) introduced on 02.02.2023).
- H.R. 784, the “Internet Application Integrity and Disclosure Act” or the “Internet Application I.D. Act” (Reps. Fulcher (R-ID) and Pappas (D-NH) introduced on 02.02.2023).
- H.R. 742, the “Telling Everyone the Location of data Leaving the U.S. Act” or the “TELL Act” (Reps. Duncan (R-SC), Kaptur (D-OH), and Perry (R-PA) introduced on 02.02.2023).
- H.R. 813, the “Global Investment in American Jobs Act of 2023” (Rep. Pence (R-IN) introduced on 02.02.2023).
- H.R. 752, the “Securing Semiconductor Supply Chains Act of 2023” (Reps. Eshoo (D-CA) and Pence (R-IN) introduced on 02.02.2023).