WASHINGTON, DC – Elizabeth Warren stumbled out a new $52 trillion (⁉) Medicare for All proposal on Friday. Five days later, and the fog of government-run health care is thick as Americans are left scratching their heads as to the finer details of this plan.
Warren said that people in the health care industry will have to look elsewhere for work in the aftermath of her plan. Well, at least there is widespread agreement on this point. About 2 million jobs would be lost as Warren’s plan effectively decimates the health care workforce.
The only thing we know after Warren introduced this plan is there is more confusion than clarity surrounding Medicare for All. To clear things up a bit, here are the top five $52 trillion questions that remain about Elizabeth Warren’s plan ⤵
- How much will the plan actually cost? There are varying estimates, and none are reassuring.
- What is the middle class impact? Taxing the rich is insufficient to pay for Medicare for All.
- How many people lose private insurance? Like the cost, all of the estimates are concerning.
- Will wait times increase while quality of care decreases? Europe seems to have the answer.
- Will options for private insurance disappear? Bernie says “damn right” they will.
If only there were a way to answer these questions in an official manner, with expert witnesses testifying about the real impact of Warren’s Medicare for All plan.
Novel idea: how about a hearing in the Congressional committee that writes America’s health care laws?
The response from Democrats? Crickets.
Bottom line: Americans are waiting for answers. Are Democrats too afraid to provide them in a hearing?